Iamtechno.nl opens the Amsterdam Dance Event in the iconic new building of EYE, the new Film Museum in Amsterdam. During this performance, Jeff Mills composes his personal soundtrack live while the movie with its images from 1928 merges with modern electronic sounds.
Die Frau im Mond premiered 15 October 1929. It is often considered to be one of the first "serious" science fiction films. The title Frau im Mond translates to "Woman in the Moon". It was written and directed by Fritz Lang, based on the novel Die Frau im Mond (1928, translated as The Rocket to the Moon) by his then-wife and collaborator Thea von Harbou. The basics of rocket travel were presented to a mass audience for the first time by this film, including the use of a multi-stage rocket.
Woman In The Moon incorporates substantial contemporary science. It shows the very first ever countdown to launch of a rocket. An idea invented as a dramatic device for the movie, but later adopted in real life. Also depicted for the first time are the use of liquid rocket fuel, a rocket with two stages, and zero gravity in space. There are however some incorrect guesses as well, like the submerged launch of the moon rocket Friede and the moon atmosphere.
EYE, the new Film Museum in Amsterdam, is the perfect place for the amalgamation of a classic silent film and contemporary music. EYE is the only museum in the Netherlands that focuses exclusively on film and moving image. With a keen eye for current, historical and artistic developments the museum frames exhibitions with film programs compiled.
Jeff Mills - Cinemix - Woman on the Moon will take place on Wednesday, 17 Oct at 21:00.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
- Russian artist Bobina to release the third artist album
September 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM CEST