Performances will range from 20 drummers playing on Dalston's Gillett Square, to a club night featuring boundary-pushing African music, to a specially commissioned large ensemble bringing together some of Europes most forward thinking improvisers and composers. The festival will extend into the digital universe with performances being instantly made available online at www.loopcollective.org in a variety of mediums.
Fridays portion of the festival will take place at one of Londons most exciting new venues: The Forge in Camden Town. The lineup will feature a wide variety of music Tom Challengers contemporary brass outfit Brass Mask; a new electro-acoustic duo featuring UK jazz stars Rory Simmons and Jim Hart; and an explosive percussion trio of Dave Smith, John Blease and Ben Bryant.
Saturdays events, which move over to Dalston, centre around Gillett Square and one of the UKs most cutting edge venues: The Vortex Jazz Club. In the early afternoon, 20 drummers (and drum kits!) will convene on Gillett Square and perform a one-off piece of music, featuring some of the finest drummers/percussionists in the UK. The Vortex Jazz Club then hosts an evening of cutting edge improvisation and composition; featuring 2 duos (including the collaboration between Seb Rochford and Kit Downes) and culminating with large ensemble Cats Cradle made up of Loop members and some of their closest musical collaborators. At 11pm, the chairs will be cleared and a radical club night will take place featuring the vocal-and-baritone-sax-led trio Snack Family; Senegalese dub/funk group Fofoulah, and DJ organisation Sound-Species.
This year's UPLOAD will bring the immediacy of improvised and composed music - not only to the immediate local community - but also to a broader world-wide audience, through processes such as the streaming, recording and filming of events.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
- Russian artist Bobina to release the third artist album
September 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM CEST