The new company has been set up by the A&R team behind Prime Distribution and Primate and Primevil Recordings, who will pull on their extensive contacts and years of experience to help launch new producers and labels whilst helping established labels build upon their current sales and profile.
Active differs from traditional distributor companies in 2 ways. Firstly via the comprehensive range of services they provide. Secondly every decision relating to a label's products are discussed in full with the label, from choice of export companies to work with to manufacturing quantities and promotions and licensing strategies.
General Manager John Warwick has affirmed: 'In the ever-changing world of music distribution, Active is dedicated to empowering the artists and labels to be able to make their own decisions with regards to how their music is presented to the global marketplace. It is now more important than ever for labels and artists to be able to take control of their careers and not leave them in the hands of faceless A&R personnel who have no direct emotional involvement in the label's genre. We offer a template of distribution and related facilities to provide various levels of service and distribution depending on each individual label's specific requirements.'
20 labels from around Europe are with Active at the time of launch including Marco Bailey and Tom Hades' Rhythm Convert, Advanced, Ade Fenton's Perverter, Chris McCormack's Materials, the new label from UK techno mecca Atomic Jam plus the latest project from Ignition Technician entitled Pirate Audio. Add to these imprints from Marco Zaffarano, WJ Henze, Paul Mac, Steve Murray and Holgi Star and you have stellar line-up of dance music from around Europe.
Active has also launched 3 in-house labels, Pro-Active Music, Re-Active Music and Ape Recordings dedicated to releasing the best in techno from around the world – artists appearing on the first batch of releases include Stanny Franssen, Ade Fenton, Ignition Technician, DJ Misjah, Cave, Jel Ford, Tomaz and Marco Zaffarano.
With the first batch of releases hitting stores around the world on Monday 14th March and a comprehensive release schedule already in place, 2005 is looking like a busy year as Active hit the ground running. As the year progresses Active will also be expanding their label roster and launching a series of showcases to highlight the finest artists, producers and DJ's they work with.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
March 5, 2005 at 6:18 PM CET