In fact, their 2003 self-titled artist album set a new record with five #1 singles on the Billboard Dance Chart in one year. Only Madonna, Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston had previously done better on the charts. With demand for the "Miami sound" now at an all time high, Murk announces the concurrent launch of two new labels – Murk Records and Murk Classics. Both labels will showcase the best Murk productions past, present and future and will be full of surprise twists!
Murk Records is the new home for original productions by Ralph Falcon and Oscar G. The duo will launch the label with "For You," a brand new 12" production featuring the vocals of New York City chanteuse Marie Morille. The track is scheduled for commercial release in mid-May and will be one of the most talked about new tunes at this year's Winter Music Conference. Murk Classics is a vehicle for both established and up-and-coming talent to remix classic tracks from Oscar G. and Ralph Falcon's back catalogue. The first single to come from the label - Funky Green Dogs "Reach For Me" - will be remixed by Steve Lawler and Desyn Masiello, and is set for a late-April release. Future releases will feature remixes from internationally acclaimed talent including Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg and Nick Fanciulli, among others. Both labels will be distributed worldwide through Amato Distribution.
This is the latest in a flurry of big moves for the Miami duo. Within the past two months, Murk has launched a successful residency at New York City's Crobar and Oscar G. has reduced his Space Miami residency from weekly to monthly so that he can tour the world. Also on the horizon is a new mix CD from Oscar G. entitled Oscar G. Live At Space Vol. 2. The set is due out in April on Peter Rauhoffer's Star 69 Records. Oscar G. will also be celebrating his final weekly gig at Space Miami on Saturday February 26. After Saturday's gig Oscar will go monthly on the third week of each month. His first monthly Space performance will take place the weekend before Winter Music Conference, on Saturday, March 19.
Oscar G and Ralph Falcon will celebrate the launch of Murk Records and Murk Classics with a party in Miami during the Winter Music Conference on Saturday, March 26. Murk will also close the outside portion of Pete Tong's BBC Radio 1 party at Club Nikki Beach on Friday, March 25.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
March 5, 2005 at 6:23 PM CET