It's an opportunity to exchange energy and ideas, to build relationships, and above all else, party long and hard to some of the worlds finest contemporary talent. Whether it be the beach parties and lazy summer days camping by the Danube river, or enormous soundsystems and hot air ballooning by night, the beautiful Adriatic weather, or even the diverse artistic and historic local culture; EXIT offers you the chance to do things your way, in your own time, relax, and enjoy the company of thousands of like minded people.
Exit takes place in the historic Petrovaradin Fortress, built high on the banks of the River Danube, offering stunning views over the city of Novi Sad. It is an ancient fortress site originally occupied by the Romans, and re-built by the Austro Hungarian Empire to defend against the Turks in the 17th Century. The Fortress site houses 18 performance arenas including the Main Stage and Dance Stage. There's also an extreme sports arena, a technology zone, an NGO zone, an open air Cinema. Capacity will be limited to 55'000 ticket holders per day in 2005.
Exit has always attracted the finest international talent and 2005 will be no exception, it's just getting bigger and better. Approximately 600 performances will take place within the mutli venue castle complex, an area that covers about three square kilometres – an eclectic selection headlined by some of the biggest live bands and dance acts from genres such as hip-hop, house, drum and bass, indie, world music, Latin and rock.
Acts confirmed so far include White Stripes, Underworld, Ian Brown, Fatboy Slim, Freq Nasty, Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, 2 Many DJ's, Felix Da Housecat, Sasha, Infusion, Evil 9, Lee Burridge, Danny Howells, Sandy Rivera, Tom Stephan & Mutiny with more to be confirmed.
More Info: www.exitfest.org
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 9, 2005 at 12:40 AM CEST