Following on from the acclaimed 'Bedrock Original Series_01', Desyn Masiello is set to compile and mix the next EQ Balance compilation, entitled 'Balance 008', being Masiello's third mix compilation, and his second of 2005. Indeed, originality is the embodiment of Masiello's DJ'ing style. Unlike most DJs, not only do his sets contain tracks of many and varied description but the individual tunes he plays traverse no musical boundaries, often making genre categorization impossible. While some try and label him a 'progressive' DJ, the term is only applicable when denoting his forward thinking attitude. Just as evident are his tech, funk and deep house influences.
Similarly, 'Balance' is a series that refuses to be pigeon holed. Look at the previous contrasting styles of 'Balance' compiler's Chris Fortier, Anthony Pappa, James Holden and Phil K. 'Balance' has always given its DJs the freedom to create their own legacy; the results being incredible. Before 'Balance 006', few knew that breaks formed part of Anthony Pappa's repertoire. Even fewer would have imagined him capable of mixing a progressive breaks CD of such quality. The quirky, experimental, tech of Fortier on '007' as well as tribal house displayed by Phil K, better known as a break-beat pioneer, on '004' are all excursions just as memorable, and James Holden's '005' quite simply remains one of the best mix compilations you can hear anywhere.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
June 14, 2005 at 8:48 PM CEST