Mark your calendars now! The world's largest electronic music festival triumphantly returns to San Francisco on Saturday, September 24, 2005. A full "Loveweekend" of festivities is planned, beginning Friday, September 23rd and running through Sunday, September 25th, with the main event - the Loveparade - on Saturday, September 24th. This year's parade promises to be even bigger and better, with an expected 75,000 attendees marching up San Francisco's Market Street to Loveparade's new festival location at the Civic Center.
Unlike any parade the City has seen, the Loveparade is a "no spectators" event, with revelers encouraged to dress outrageously and dance alongside floats for the entire length of the route. Founded in Berlin in 1989, the event has grown to over 1.5 million attendees by 2000, with Mexico City, Santiago de Chile, and Tel Aviv all playing host to international Loveparades.
The inaugural Loveparade San Francisco 2004 was an extraordinary event, with over 37,000 revelers from all over California, across the US, and as far away as Europe, Australia and Asia attending the City's biggest new event. 30 Floats carried over 220 DJs spinning house, techno, trance, new school breaks, drum and bass, jungle, and underground hip hop—including some of the most renowned names in the industry. This year is already shaping up to host one of the most exciting lineups in U.S. history with many globe-trotting DJs being confirmed to be a part of this memorable event. The full-lineup will be announced shortly.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 6, 2005 at 2:40 PM CEST