2005 edition of DJmag's Top 100 DJs poll will be kicked off with a tasty launch party in London at AKA on Thursday 18th August. A special launch party and the new issue of DJmag signals the start of this year's voting. In 12 years, the poll has grown far beyond initial expectations. It is now the most important poll for global dance music, with almost 100,000 worldwide votes.
"Everyone who loves dance music can get involved," said DJmag Editor Lesley Wright. "This is the public's chance to vote for those DJs who have rocked their world over the past 12 months. The Top 100 DJs is the clubbers' choice."
This is the only poll that gives a true representation of the world's biggest DJ – as voted by the public. It may have started in the UK, but this census has increased - thanks to the internet - to encompass voting from most countries in the world.
The line-up is as follows:
Giles Smith (secretsundaze)
Paul Woolford (Basics/Space Ibiza)
Tim Sheridan (Nastydirtysexmusic)
Get there early for the free bar. It's free entry before 10pm, and £5 after.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 6, 2005 at 3:53 PM CEST