In October, Global Underground will release Lawler's much anticipated conceptual mix CD, Lights Out 3. Themed around his distinct dark and dirty "twisted house" sound, Lights Out (2002) and Lights Out 2 (2003) are amongst the most popular mix compilations in the world. Lawler will support this new release with special Lights Out 3 DJ sets across North America this fall. As an added bonus, special limited edition versions of Lights Out 3 will feature a third bonus disc featuring the best ever tracks from Steve Lawler's own record labels: Harlem Records, Harlem Trax and Harlem Electric. In addition to DJing, producing and remixing, Lawler also runs and A&Rs his own record labels. As a result, his imprint is responsible for signing the finest underground tracks from across the world.
Steve Lawler is currently in the midst of the busiest time of his life. It is also a time where everything is clicking on all cylinders. In March, The Winter Music Conference was bombarded by Lawler's massive remix of the Funky Green Dogs classic "Reach For Me." The track was a conference favorite and had a place in every fine house DJ's crate. Lawler's now back with a mind blowing remix of "The Conjure," title track from the Universal Pictures film "The Skeleton Key." This is an electro house monster that is just as creep as the film. It is also getting major support from BBC Radio One's Pete Tong who selected the track as his Essential New Tune for the week of July 15 and it continues to sit near the top of the Buzz Chart. Lawler's own production "That Sound" also has been getting a ton of radio play and it has also become a mainstay on Tong's Buzz Chart.
Last month, Lawler launched his own weekly club in Ibiza with VIVA. Moving from his Sunday residency for We Love, he's standing alone with his own night every Thursday at the refurbished Space Ibiza venue. Joining him are the likes of Derrick May, Slam, Josh Wink and X-Press 2. VIVA is Lawler's latest musical venture, and is a name he'll be using in the future around the world.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 7, 2005 at 3:20 PM CEST