John Digweed's renowned clubnight and label Bedrock will celebrate its anniversary with a special one-off party at Fabric on Thursday 13 October, with Neil Quigley once again being asked to represent. Bedrock began as a small series of parties in John Digweed native town of Hastings, but over the years has taken it's special brand of forward thinking mayhem to London, Brighton, Russia, Ibiza, Japan and America.
With such a successful night, it was natural to expand the empire with a label to showcase the sounds from the dancefloor. Bedrock Records was born six years ago with the release of progressive house masterpiece 'Heaven Scent', a co-production with Nick Muir. With all aspects of the Bedrock name, the emphasis is on a commitment to the underground music scene by exposing it to as wide an audience as possible. In the last few years it has grown with the addition of the Bedrock Breaks label releasing standout compilations from Meat Katie and Hyper. Tonight they join up with one of the breaks scenes original players, Rennie Pilgrem's TCR. Deeper Substance started as a hedonistic party in Farringdon four years ago. Having travelled the globe since then to deliver raw en! ergy and good feelings to thousands of clubbers, Demi and the crew return to EC1 for the launch of Deeper Substance Records. Demi's 'Gearbox' is released the following Monday and the artists will be offering a taster in room three.
"It's been a special year for me and Fabric; marking the 20th in their CD series was a great moment so it's even more pleasing to bring the only Bedrock party this year and it's Anniversary to Fabric. This night will showcase some of the best talent that's had an association with Bedrock in the last year. In my mind the combination of the club and its awesome sound system, the line up, the crowd and that something special we always have with a Bedrock Anniversary will make for an unmissable night in London!" - John Digweed
"October is the month for birthdays and we just love them. We're delighted the Bedrock crew have decided to cut their cake here." – Fabric
John Digweed, Neil Quigley
Bedrock Breaks vs. TCR...
Meat Katie, Rennie Pilgrem, Jonathon Lisle, Smithmonger
Demi, Desyn Masiello, 16 Bit-Lolitas (live), Alex Sansford
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
October 4, 2005 at 10:14 PM CEST