Pacha is one of the most famous nightclub brands in the world and attracts celebrities and beautiful party people from around the globe. Pacha are now planning to bring their own blend of glamorous clubbing to New York, which will see Pacha owners Hugo and Panchi Urgell join forces with Superstar DJ and Subliminal supremo Erick Morillo.
Erick's relationship with Pacha has given him an understanding of what is important to the Pacha brand, which coupled with his knowledge of New York nightlife, make him the ideal choice to help spearhead the move. Armed with the expertise of Eddie Dean (Discotheque & Tiki Room) and New York's only Alpha Dynacord sound system imported from Germany, Pacha is truly in a class of its own. 'It's a natural progression for me and is something I want to devote energy to' Enthuses Erick, who will take up residency behind the turntables at the new venue on a monthly basis.
'It has been the dream of the Pacha brand to open a New York venue' says Pacha's Danny Whittle. 'We believe New York is the spiritual home of discos and nightclubs and we are excited to part of this great history'. The Venue itself is situated on the same site as the prestigious Sound Factory and will be a beautifully designed, multilevel space with a visual mix of Ibizan and New York style with plans for a roof terrace in 2006. New York's Pacha will redefine exclusivity by featuring a private VIP floor with it's own entrance areas with opulent décor while providing impeccable service. Says Eddie 'Pacha NYC will be able to offer the ideal space to host an intimate, corporate or colossal event. As a brand, we will be able to offer an experience and we are excited to be part of that great history.'
After 36 years Pacha has come along way since Ricardo Urgell founded the club in the seaside town of Sitges. Pacha has since evolved into a global lifestyle brand that encompasses a hotel, restaurants, a record label, radio station, magazine, merchandising and more than 20 franchises worldwide from Barcelona to Buenos Aires and Majorca to Marrakech. 'Pacha is a brand that has distinguished itself from other nightlife venues and has limitless possibilities' Says Morillo. 'They effortlessly put VIPs and celebrities in the same room as clubbers and that's what we want to achieve in New York.'
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
October 19, 2005 at 1:13 AM CEST