Montreal-based label Bootleg Sounds is pleased to announce a change of name to Bodega for third release Moreish by Electrogram. A collaboration between chanteuse par excellence Michelle Chivers (Whoop, Baroque, Electrofly, CPR) and label head Matthew Hiscock (also known elsewhere as The Fat East Coast) this is a brash, fun, and bouncy electro romp available mid-November.
Sticking with the theme of drunken antics (Bootleg Sounds being at least partly a reference to illegal hooch, the label's recording/mastering studio The Distillery speaking for itself, and "bodega" is spanish for a wine cellar), the emphasis on quality will remain the same, even as the label branches out into previously uncharted waters.
This release sees the label strike out into the digital world, with a simultaneous release planned for digital downloads at Beatport and others. Also, the small but potent back catalogue of Bootleg Soundsystem – Human Language ep (supported by Slam and Nigel Marcussen) and Fat East Coast – Bisexual Harassment (plays by Lee Burridge, James Zabiela, Hernan Cattaneo and many more) will be moving online as well.
This will be followed by select live dates in support by Matthew, as The Fat East Coast, as he branches out of his Montreal base.
Not satisfied with being just a dj-oriented label, 2006 will see the release of the first album on Bodega, by label staple The Fat East Coast. Look for a club/press tour of the label's native Canada to follow.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
November 11, 2005 at 6:40 PM CET