Viva is Steve's latest musical venture – the name of his hot new night on the new Space terrace in Ibiza every Thursday. Lawler's Viva label will launch in January 2006, and he's currently in negotiation with two major online organizations.
"This is the way forward for me as a record label. Times are changing so quickly, and I want to start 2006 by leading the way with how people receive and enjoy the music I release. I am excited by the proposition of only being online, which is where a lot of my music buying audience tend to live. The technology is now good enough for the sound quality to work for DJs, and I see this as a step forward to position the label at the forefront of not just music but also technology," says Lawler.
Viva Recordings will follow the success of the Harlem Records labels, currently one of the most downloaded labels on the Beatport site in America. Lawler's Hollywood remix of "The Skeleton Key" is also one of the most downloaded tracks in the history of the DJ Magazine DJ Download chart. Harlem Records itself has provided huge dancefloor hits including the summer 2004 smash "I Can't Explain" by Bombdogs (remixed by Lawler) and his own production "Illectronic Music."
Lawler has announced that all his work from 2006 will be under the umbrella Viva. His hugely successful residency at The End will be renamed Viva Harlem Nights, his residency in Ibiza simply titled Viva Space, and a new residency in Europe to be revealed. Lawler also launched the highly- collected Viva merchandise range in Ibiza, and he's in discussions with fashion houses about turning it into a lifestyle collection. Lawler will release the first Viva compilation in May, just before the summer residency at Space.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
November 18, 2005 at 2:09 PM CET