Techno has had no shortage of inspired artists that have pushed, shaped and manipulated the defined boundaries of the genre, in many cases removing them all together. From the first strings of Detroit to skeletal funk arrangements, via the percussive intensity of the loop-based sound and the contemporary minimal grooves: artists like Derrick May, Basic Channel, Carl Craig, Jeff Mills and Richie Hawtin have all added their own special touch to the sonic soundscapes of techno music. And although he is the first to play down comparisons with such luminaries Danilo Vigorito is steadily imprinting his own electronic identity within the genre, pulling and stretching its boundaries in innovative and exciting ways.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
December 16, 2005 at 2:36 AM CET