Always social, always rocking, expect a proper end-of-weekend splash, some hot new track roadtests, and a fresh 'n' crispy modern muscial blend on the awesome Funktion 1 sound system.
The first six months of Buzzin' Fly's intimate off-peak monthly residency on the first Sunday of the month at Shoreditch hotspot Plastic People grew strongly throughout the second half of last year. The sessions have been a sleeper success for the label, whose three big summer, autumn and NYE parties at The End tended to catch most of the press attention in 2005.
The ongoing strength of all Buzzin' Fly's parties is a testament to head honcho Ben Watt's progressive outlook to both his own DJ sets and the label's release schedule. Watt's own DJ sound has embraced the minimalist and electro challenge to his own melodic deep house roots resulting in a new muscularity and directness that has kept the live events fresh and relevant.
The upcoming release on Buzzin' Fly entitled 'Clear Sky' comes from Moscow newcomers, Kayot - a blistering and original deep electro track that is picking up heavy support from not only the label's traditional backroom heads but more significantly big modern hitters like James Zabiela, Nic Fanciulli and Clive Henry. Spins on Radio 1, Galaxy and Kiss including Tong peppered the pre-Xmas schedules.
Sun Feb 5
Roster on Rotation / Manoo, Rocco, Justin Martin, Alex S, Kayot
147-149 Curtain Road London Ec2
7PM - 12.30AM
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
January 19, 2006 at 10:41 PM CET