High profile fans include Deep Dish and Carl Cox, with Valentino releasing on Dubfire and Sharam's Yoshitoshi label - highlighting in turn his flexibility and open-minded approach to techno. Ground breaking release 'House Soul', put out on C-1 and Carl Cox's Intec in 2001, knocked down the then prominent dividing wall between techno and house and began a successful dancefloor adventure for the producer. Since then Valentino Kanzyani has made serious waves, taking in peak time material such as 'La Sala Loca' on Recycled Loops and 'Burros Eslovenos' on Christian Smith's Tronic - and via more musical compositions like his sublime remix of Ken Ishii's Detroit inspired 'Auburnia'.
His DJ sets are pure dynamite. His style, developed first through key residencies at home and now as part of a globetrotting schedule, incorporates 3 deck mixing of the highest order - cutting up different sections of different records to create original dancefloor grooves. It is an art that is regularly attempted but rarely achieved. Acclaimed mixes for Matrix and Intec have cemented his reputation as an inventive and impossibly talented DJ, and although he may not be as well know as some international techno heavyweights, you only have to ask anyone with an interest in techno and Valentino's name will be mentioned alongside the best.
With a new virtual label causing major vibrations, it seemed like a suitable time to catch up with the man himself as he takes some time out from his busy schedule to talk music, technology and, of course, his new project Jesus Loved You...
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
February 26, 2006 at 3:33 PM CET