Brooklyn native Tenaglia has been deejaying for 30 years and is widely regarded as the founding father of the deep, stirring tribal house. Raised on Motown soul and Giorgio Moroder disco, he was bitten by the DJ bug at the age of 12. Having started out in 1990, he and his cohorts Masters At Work, Junior Vasquez and Frankie Knuckles have since become icons of the New York dance scene. His debut album 'Hard & Soul', which was released on Tribal Records in 1995, is considered the first major achievement in his impressive career, followed by a seemingly endless series of compilations on various labels, including the classics 'London' and 'Athens' on Britain's Global Underground and 'Back To Basics' on React.
His 1993 remix of Daou's 'Surrender Yourself' really put Tenaglia on the map as a producer, and a year later he was invited to remix Madonna's 'Human Nature'. With residencies in New York clubs including Twilo, Tunnel and Paradise Garage, Tenaglia has reached superstar status on the home front. His label Twisted is internationally acclaimed, and the new millennium has seen him rise to fame as a DJ in Europe, too. The New Yorker is no stranger to the studio, judging from the long list of over 200 productions and remixes for artists including Janet Jackson, Cher, Blondie, Pet Shop Boys, Michael Jackson, Depeche Mode, Yoko Ono and Jamiroquai. All things considered, it really should come as no surprise that Danny Tenaglia is the proud owner of a Dancestar Lifetime Achievement Award.
Dance Valley will be held this year during the weekend of 14 and 15 July.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 9, 2006 at 5:06 PM CEST