The venture between CDM and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Bureau of Tourism (IBOT) will showcase the genre, which was cultivated in the city of Chicago. "The Chicago International House Music Festival is sure to provide a fun-filled weekend for music lovers," said Jan Kostner, IBOT Deputy Director.
The 2-day festival will unite an International melting pot of people of all races, ages and sexual preferences as well as aficionados of House music. Move! features some of the most renowned performers including three GRAMMY® Award winners: Frankie Knuckles, Maurice Joshua and David Morales. The festival will introduce South African DJ Glen Lewis along with the legendary singers Jocelyn Brown, Barbara Tucker and Chicago's own Jamie Principle and Dajae. Danny Tenaglia will be celebrating Saturday evening with an extended set in support of the closing of Gay Games 7 on the International stage. Also featured are Chicago's born Ralphi Rosario, Derrick Carter, Terry Hunter, GRAMMY® nominee Steve"Silk"Hurley, DJeremy, Lady D and Andre Hatchett. Special celebrity hosts Lady Bunny, Phillip Bloch and Lee Ann Trotter will MC.
Festival Director Randy Crumpton, Artistic/Creative Director Frederick Dunson and Operations Director Thomas Mathes are producing the festival. "We are excited to be hosting MOVE! and know this first-year addition to Chicago's annual festivals will be a great success. The Clubbing download company Beatport.com will give 10 free downloads to ticket buyers. Additionally, YouthAIDS, an education and prevention initiative of PSI is an offical Charity affiliated with us." says the Directors.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 17, 2006 at 11:45 PM CEST