It is no exaggeration to state that previous offerings to the series from the likes of James Holden and Chris Fortier have changed the course of dance music through their ability to alter people's perceptions of the artist and the boundaries they blur. The critically acclaimed 'Balance 008', by Desyn Masiello, saw it take out such titles as 'compilation of the year' in 2005 from music magazine M8. Receiving the opportunity to compile a 'Balance' compilation is now seen as the music industry equivalent of being given a blank cheque. The offers, possibilities and opportunities, if used wisely, are endless, as the most recent 'Balance' representative, Paolo Mojo can atest to.
Jimmy Van M is a true progenitor of dance music. Working diligently to secure Sasha and John Digweed their residencies at Twilo as well as organizing and performing in The Delta Heavy tour of The United States, he has always been there, sometimes in the foreground and just as often in the background, working away to advance the music he believes in, first across America and now across the rest of the globe.
"Jimmy is one of those DJs that when I hear him play, I always want to know the majority of his tracks. He has an incredible ear to search out undiscovered music and programme it in a way to mess with your mind. In my opinion Jimmy is up there with the best" - John Digweed
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 5, 2006 at 10:07 AM CEST