Developing fans from vinyl to the club, the new double pack outing titled Bay Of Figs showcases new developments in his already minimal pop genius that have been tested on the road over the past few months. From the manic title track onward his sound continues to develop from a rich bed of electro pop and minimal techno, with gems that stay in the groove or contort themselves by design. On the bouncing and loose Thirds In Trees, Marc drops in live claps and bass guitar in the melodic and hooky mood reminiscent of the Kingsley classic Popcorn. But its Items and Things that highlights Houle's musicianship for synth pop while also revealing his obvious contribution another side project, Run Stop Restore (the trio with Magda and Troy Pierce).
Marc Houle's music has quickly elevated his studio prose into desired analog-soaked treasures of the dance floor. Houle's arrangements, melodies and choice effects create easy instrumentals that hold their own beauty without vocal attachments. In the past year he has remixed Slam's 'Kill The Pain' single (featuring Dot Allison) and 'Turbo Dreams' by Ellen Allien & Apparat. Between DJs championing his work in clubs and after-parties or making it an essential addition on mix albums from producers like Slam or Loco Dice, Houle is working his way to the top. His live performances from Europe to the US have doubled the impact, on tour in the US during May for the min2MAX bus tour.
A1. Bay Of Figs
A2. Stacks And Stacks
B1. Thirds In Trees
B2. Black Jack 13
B3. Fat Cat
C2. Items And Things
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
September 20, 2006 at 7:32 PM CEST