From bare and trippy minimal techno of Argy's huge hit 'Love Dose' or Berkson's 'What's If I Was A Man' to Trentemoller's bombastic 'Always Something Better', from funky hipshakers Bug & Tanzmann's 'Shock' or Chardronnet's 'Shake It' to quirky soundscapes - the album covers the full range of modern electronic cutting edge music.
With a fine tradition there are six tracks which have been exclusively produced for this album by John Tejada & Bilal Bashir, Dan Berkson & James What, Steve Bug & Clé, Philippe Autuori and Jamie Jones and only these exclusives are included on the double-vinyl version of the album. On the second CD "Poker Flat Volume 5" features a superb bonus-mix by Martin Landsky. Martin has been member of the Poker Flat family since the early days and apart from his album "In Between" (pfrcd04) he released eight fantastic singles on Poker Flat - most recently the clubhit "1000 Miles" (/w Loco Dice remix). Martin created an excellent live-tuntable mix with a groovy flow which will attract both clubbers and home-listeners. Altogether "Poker Flat Volume 5" is a huge package including 24 modern, state of the art songs in the field of techy & reduced House and Techno from one of the coolest labels around.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
November 2, 2006 at 8:43 AM CET