After the massive hit "Nothing" released in colaboration with vocalist Julie Thompson on Loaded Records, Holden returns with his first solo track for well over a year on the 14th of July, the Border Community debut release "A Break in the Clouds". With both dancefloor and ambient mixes, "A Break in the Clouds" provides the perfect illustration of the concept behind Holden's new label venture.
The Border Community label will provide not only an important outlet for James Holden to push back his own boundaries with his more underground and left-of-centre productions, but also offers the chance for established producer friends of Holden's to write the more experimental music that many have always really wanted to write, but which other more clubby labels may shy away from releasing. Look forward to some interesting goodies over the coming year!
'Border Community under the A&R control of James is one of the most mouth-watering projects to come my way in the last 3 years. I'm incredibly excited with the first few releases and expect Border Community to very soon become a major force in the world of underground dance music. We are all looking forward to working with James and his new label' - Andy Jarrod, 3BLM, Director
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 20, 2003 at 1:29 PM CEST