Unique 3 has been cited by such pioneers of electronic music such as The chemical Brothers, Coldcut, Goldie and LFO as an inspiration. His early 'bleep house' created a starting point for house music, as we know it today. Unique 3's groundbreaking early UK hip-hop bridged the gap from US hip-hop to a vibrant new sound that has changed music forever.
Being able to inspired The Chemical Brothers is one thing, but to be able to stand up and say 'I inspired the UK's leading electronica label Warp Records back in the day', well that's virtually unheard of! With it's unique sound 'The Theme' was picked up by any self respecting DJ worth his salt from house, techno, hip-hop and soul proving it was an instant classic. Label boss Paul Arnold says:
"There's no real way to describe the effect it had, this track is the soundtrack to many people's lives, Influencing people from everyone in today's scenes like Paul Woolford, Erol Alkan, Autechre and beyond and it remains a classic to this day. Some purists would think this is unremixable but ...why not? When Unique 3 came to me and were interested in reissuing this classic with new mixes, I was honoured and I just could not turn it down."
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
November 20, 2006 at 5:15 PM CET