Kickers has been on the feet of everyone from 1960s Paris student revolutionaries to Mods and more recently the pioneers of the Garage, Grime and Rock 'n' Roll scenes. They're not asking people to start a revolution or take to the streets about global warming it's about taking positive action to make things better in your own way, whether it be travelling the world, releasing a record or even growing a beard
The campaign's HQ is at GoDoSomething.co.uk, where you can read about existing 'revolutions', get ideas to start your own and use 'The Brick Wall' noticeboard to upload and share your own pictures, mp3's, movies, whatever to show the world exactly what you've gone and done.
To really get those ideas out of your head and into real life, they've created The Pledger. Kickers want to know what you want to do before you pop your clogs, so you can go online and use The Pledger to send us your promise, upload your photo and pass it on to your mates. And just in case you need even more reason to turn your pledge into action, over the first two weeks of December, they'll be installing two giant screens in London and Manchester where your pledge will be projected on a MASSIVE scale for all to see...so there's no chickening-out!
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
November 27, 2006 at 3:21 PM CET