On 'Skyhook 1' Kieran manages to produce another masterpiece of dark, minimal glitchy techno fused with off-kilter beats, twisted atmospherics, dirty old school Chicago riffs and of course, all mixed up with a heavy dose of bass to ensure it will be a club favourite for 2007. 'Skyhook 2' brings in some electro styled breaks as a slamming EBM companion and finally 'Greasepaint' is a tough, dubbed out affair full of brooding menace to take you into the darkest corners of the dancefloor.
Phil Kieran (aka Alloy Mental) should by now need little introduction. With numerous releases and remixes for the likes of Kingsize, Soma, Skint, Bugged Out, Shine, Loaded, Tronic and Yoshitoshi he never fails to deliver a dose of head-imploding basslines, skiffling glitches and an injection of razor sharp electronics. His remixes of Motor's '1X1' , Nitzer Ebb's 'Murderous', 'Blitzkreig Pop' by T. Raumschmiere and Agoria's 'La 11'eme Marche' highlight his recognisable, dancefloor driven style, evident yet again on his debut release for novamute, the 'Skyhook EP'.
Bonus mix 'Skyhook 3' is available via Beatport only.
'Skyhook' on on 12" (novamute) or download (via Beatport) on 29th January 2007
1. SKYHOOK 1
2. SKYHOOK 2
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
December 11, 2006 at 2:19 PM CET