Since '85 Daniel was mainly influenced by early hip-hop tracks. Until around '93 and '94, when he first had contact to early breakbeat/jungle-tracks, he never got in contact with electronic music that really convinced him. But to him this fresh new music seemed just like the perfect progression from hip-hop, so Daniel Fritschi started dj'ing in '95, fully focussed at jungle and drum&bass. After a few years he got more and more bored by the lack of further development of drum&bass releases and detroit electro and then techno came in his focus. Soon minimal and techno from cologne and berlin cought his attention...Level 08 is out now, you can read a review here.
Here is his ten older and new tunes recommendation:
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
February 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM CET