'Ctrl' (or Control) will be the title of Richie Hawtin's new mix album. With his previous album 'Decks, Efx, and 909' in mind, Hawtin aims to take DJ'ing to the next level. This time, he will use Stanton's Final Scratch, Releton Live, and Red Sound Cycloops all together in a whole new mix of vinyl, samples and digital sound files. Hawtin already started his new tour in Toronto last month to promote 'Ctrl' in a completely new set up.
Almost similar to the title of Hawtin's last mix album is the name of his new artist album: 'Closer'. It will be preceeded by a single, which is to be released on September 22, called 'Disconnect'. This album comes on October 20th, after a period of five years of silence and will feature vocals from the man him self.
You can find Hawtin every Monday night in Amnesia on Ibiza during his Cocoon residency with Sven Väth or at one of the festivals below.
July 12 - The Witness Festival, Dublin (IRL)
July 13 - T In The Park, Glasgow (SC)
July 26 - Global Gathering, Stratford Upon Avon (UK)
August 23 - Mysteryland, Six Flags (NL)
August 24 – The End (12 h set!), London (UK)
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
July 13, 2003 at 12:29 AM CEST