The MCPS-PRS Alliance is home to the world's best music writers, composers and publishers. Formed in 1997 between two royalty collection societies (MCPS and PRS), it exists to collect and pay royalties to its members when their music is recorded and made available to the public (MCPS).
Norman Cook, on his real name Quentin Cook, is 44 years old and started his music career as bassist of popular indie guitar band The Housemartins, but was already DJ-ing and producing dance music on the side.
At the London Ivor Novello Awards, Norman Cook said, "To everyone whose songs I've re-mixed, sampled or stolen or been in a band with, I would like to say thank you."
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 26, 2007 at 6:50 PM CEST