Pete Tong played it, Tiësto loves it, Paul van Dyk has been using it as a peak to his sets, Eddie Halliwell has been giving it massive support on radio and in the clubs, Marco V can't get enough of it, Above &
Beyond think it's one of the best remixes they've heard in years, John 00
Fleming's been caning it, Sander Van Doorn thinks it's bloody good and so on.
In case you're not aware Bedrock's 'Heaven Scent' was possibly one of the
biggest progressive house tracks from the late 90s. Written by Bedrock head
honcho John Digweed and Nick Muir, it was originally released on John's
Bedrock imprint in 1999 and saw Digweed move towards a tougher sound,
thereby transcending the boundaries of progressive house and featuring
highly on a multitude of DJs play lists the world over. The track was
subsequently licensed to many compilations around the globe, securing its place in dance music history as one of the genres timeless anthems.
Fast forward to 2007 and what started life as a low-level bootleg by fast-rising 23 year-old DJ / producer Greg Downey has quickly been picked up and gone straight to the top of the play lists of the international trance A List. Greg's pounding unofficial remix has seen Bedrock's late 90s anthem return eight years after it was originally released, giving it a whole new lease of life and is proving to be a sure fire hit not only with those who were there first time around, but also the nu-skool of trance lovers...making this undoubtedly one of the biggest tunes of the year.
Listen Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Greg Downey remix) here!
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
July 17, 2007 at 12:21 PM CEST