"Musically speaking, I've been shifting through the gears over the series," he says "and we're now approaching top speed. This mix still represents an immediate snapshot of my favourite tunes and producers, but it's also about that specific energy you get at 3 or 4am at the best clubs or festivals around the world", Digweed says.
Win one copy of Transitions vol. 3 here!
Read the review here!
To capture and realise this John worked a whopping 20 tracks into the album. "Running the tracklist up so high was a conscious decision", he elaborates, "it allowed me to generate that energy and atmosphere, which I further reinforced by creating exclusive edits."
In the overall running time the passages where there isn't a mix running are actually shorter than those where they are. It's an intense ride which in true Digweed fashion builds over its 78-minute excursion. The mix kicks off with Sasha's elusively titled 'Coma '. Moving on highlights include the innovative use of Lawrence's 'Along The Wire', broken down and part-used throughout its neighbours 'Sweet N Candy' and 'Einzelkind'. The Dusty Kid / Aldo Kadiz mash-up, 'Begun The End Has' from Harthouse regular Joel Mull, the incredible Josh Wink remix of 'Someone Else' and Gui Boratto's emotive interpretation of Adam Freeland's latest, 'Silverlake Pills' are similarly outstanding.
The finished version of T3 will also feature a second disc containing a brand new exclusive 25-minute track from the minds of John and Nick Muir: "We started on it earlier in the year", says Digweed, "And it quite literally grew and grew and grew from there. It reached a point where it seemed better suited to an album, so I hit upon the idea of marrying it with T3 as a way of giving something back to our fans."
1. COMA – coma 1 (Intro Edit)
2. Marc Marzenit – Spheere
3. Sweet N Candy – There
4. Lawrence – Along The Wire (Superpitcher Mix)
5. Einzelkind - Maferefumeco
6. Christian Fischer – Advance Panorama
7. Daniela Stickroth – Chest In The Attic
8. Joel Mull – Begun The End Has
9. Paul Ritch - Messene
10. Reshuffle - Paparazzi
11. Pelle Buys – Come Into My World (Chaim Mix)
12. Chaim - Genesis
13. Dusty Kid – Kore [mashed with...]
14. Aldo Cadiz – JS Cuba
15. Ink & Needle - Seven
16. Someone Else - Lowdown Brittle (Josh Wink's Profound Sound Interpretation)
17. Solead – Giddy Down (Jamie Stevens Mix)
18. Adam Freeland – Silverlake Pills (Gui Boratto Remix)
19. Umek - Ricochet Effect
20. Guy J – Save me
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 15, 2007 at 4:27 PM CEST