"'Pure Pacha' combines musical quality and glamour, with aspiration and escapism," says Pete, "A 'wonderland' for grown-ups who don't want to grow up just yet...!"
To capture the sound of Wonderland, Tong turned to two producers whose CV's read like a who's who of dance - Paul Harris and Jay P - aka Superbass. Paul's highlights include his work as Dirty Vegas and Hydrogen Rockers, whilst Jay P's projects include Reflekt, Essenvee and Stretch & Vern. As Superbass they have released through the UK's most respected labels such as CR2 and more recently, Toolroom.
'Wonderland' is a deep-house excursion, a combination of driving bass, chopped melody and off-the-wall FX. 'Original' pumps out isolated chords that dual with an infectious, fractured top-line. 'Superbass Dub' drops the crunchy top-line in favour of falling deep into instantly recognisable bottom line.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
September 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM CEST