'Roadkill' -- Dubfire's thunderous techno jacker – is the first release on SCI+TEC. Remixes, courtesy of Maurizio and Danyelino and Cedric Gervais, are currently available for download. 'Roadkill' has since been signed to Toolroom for the UK, Ego in Italy, Alphabet City in Germany, Blanco Y Negro in Spain and Armada for Europe. Dubfire's follow-up, 'RibCage', is another storming slab of prime electronic fare that's front of box for the world's DJ cognoscenti. Released both digitally and on vinyl worldwide on Loco Dice / Martin Buttrich's new label, Desolat, it recently ranked at #1 in Groove Magazine's influential German buzz chart an unheard of two months in a row!
Following in November is Dubfire's next single, 'I Feel Speed', a cover of Love & Rocket's classic (with Dubfire on vocals). Previewed on Dubfire's highly acclaimed Global Underground mix album, Taipei, 'I Feel Speed' is already finding favour across the indie rock and electronica scenes. Remixes from Booka Shade, Audion [Matthew Dear] and UNKLE will then follow at the end of November.
Future SCI + TEC releases include Dubfire + Simi's 'Angels over Naples' with remixes from Rino Cerrone, Davide Squillace, Danilo Vigorito and Gaetano Parisio to follow soon after.
""SCI + TEC was launched to reflect my core sound and the discovery of emerging and established talent. It is a true labor of love and a deeply personal new venture for me at this stage in my evolution and I sincerely hope that you will be moved, literally and figuratively by it's output."
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
October 10, 2007 at 5:20 PM CEST