The "Buma Cultuur Pop Award" has been the most important Dutch musician award since 1986, when Mathilde Santing won the first edition. The winner is judged by his or her artistic achievements, national and international success and the steadiness of the musician. Previous winners are Mathilde Santing (1986), The Nits (1987), Claw Boys Claw (1988), Herman Brood (1989), Urban Dance Squad (1990), The Ex (1991), The Scène (1992), Bettie Serveert (1993), 2 Unlimited (1994), Osdorp Posse (1995), Eboman (1996), Marco Borsato (1997), Junkie XL (1998), Postmen (1999), Arling & Cameron (2000), Anouk (2001), Tiësto (2002), Bløf (2003), Ali B (2004), Within Temptation (2005) and Spinvis (2006).
Armin van Buuren caught the eye of the judges because of his big tours all around the world, his radio show "A State Of Trance" and his music productions throughout his career. They praise him for being an ambassador of Holland, for taking his music and sound throughout the whole world.
The jury contained the following people: Guus Bleyerveld (BV Pop), Gert Gering (013), Ben Houdijk (Radio 3FM), Gijsbert Kamer (De Volkskrant), Jan Douwe Kroeske (Double 2), Peter Sikkema (Oosterpoort/Noorderslag), Gert van Veen (freelance journalist). The head of the jury was Hans Kosterman (Buma Cultuur/BV Pop/FNV Kiem).
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
January 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM CET