Over the last 8 years trance music's true artisans: Jono Grant, Tony McGuinness, & Paavo Siljamäki have cultivated Anjunabeats from its backroom beginnings to the apex of worldwide dance recognition, and its discography has engaged the playlists of pretty much every EDM DJ out there. Central to that success has been the forging of the oft-noted 'Anjunabeats sound'... Part of the label's DNA from the very start, it has rendered their releases instantly identifiable as 'an Anjuna track' to music lovers & diehard clubbers alike.
Here in 2008 Above & Beyond themselves need very little introduction. 2 top 20 hits (including one under their OceanLab alias) and a mega-selling, hugely-praised debut album in the form of 'Tri-State' have firmly established them (to quote Pete Tong) as "the UK's new dance superstars". In addition to that they've remixed some of the world's most influential artists (including Madonna & Dido) and regularly DJ to stadium-sized audiences, most recently performing to an audience of 1 million on Barra Beach in Rio on New Year's Eve. In that process they have propelled themselves up the DJ rankings, breaking into the world's Top 10 in 2006 and taking them within touching distance of the coveted No.1 position.
Mixed and compiled by the trio, 'Anjunabeats 100' delivers a perfect cut-view of the music and artists that have brought the imprint to where it is today. It features tracks and mixes from established trance trailblazers like Above & Beyond & Andy Moor, OceanLab, Gabriel & Dresden, Matt Hardwick, Smith & Pledger & Super8 & Tab. In addition it decisively highlights Above & Beyond's ability to push to the fore new trance talent (using Anjunabeats as the hub) with debuting artists like Luminary, Israel's Maor Levi, Alt+F4 & Boom Jinx. Also included on the Anjunabeats 100 package is a Bonus DVD, featuring footage of Above & Beyond's Anjunabeach parties in India and Brazil. The DVD includes breathtaking scenes from their New Year's Eve show in front of 1 million people, as well as fascinating behind the scenes footage and interviews.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
February 28, 2008 at 5:00 PM CET