This year the Cream team have pushed the boundaries once again and are to take the festival into new territories including Czech Republic, Malta, Romania and a secondary Spanish show in Vigo. With a total of 13 Creamfields festivals confirmed for 2008, attracting approximately half a million people, this impressive schedule cements their position as the world's leading festival promoters.
The company staged its first international Creamfields festival in Ireland in 2000 and following its success went on to stage Creamfields further a field in Spain, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Chile and Argentina which alone attracts over 60,000 people every year and has gone on to become THE biggest electronic music festival in Latin America, adding to the strength of the brand in south America, a second show is planned for Brazil this year. Spain is another key area for Creamfields, having staged sell out shows in Andalucia over the last 4 years, it has been decided to capitalise on its success and stage a second show in Vigo, on the west coast.
Cream CEO James Barton comments: "The reputation of Creamfields is globally recognised as a quality festival that delivers great line ups, great production, a great atmosphere and gives people a memorable experience, its taken a lot of hard work, thought and energy to get to this point and the strength of the brand continues to grow. The UK are leaders in the global festival market and with a 10 year heritage Creamfields is at the forefront. This being our 10th anniversary year was the perfect time to take Creamfields to new territories and we look forward to working with new partners around the world and establishing the Creamfields brand further.
Festival Schedule (* = New Festival)
Creamfields Malta* - 28th June
Creamfields Central Europe (Czech Republic)* - 12th July
Creamfields Vigo (Spain)* - 2nd August
Creamfields Romania* - 2nd August
Creamfields Andalucia (Spain) - 9th August
Creamfields Poland - 16th August
Creamfields UK – 23rd August Bank Holiday Weekend
Creamfields Argentina – 8th November
Creamfields Chile - November
Creamfields Rio (Brazil) - November
Creamfields Belo Horizonte (Brazil) - November
Creamfields Peru – November
Creamfields Mexico – November
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
March 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM CET