Now entering its third year, America's Best DJ (ABDJ) stands to solidify itself as the pre-eminent DJ & nightlife culture-branding event in the nation. Inaugurated in 2006, this exciting prize-packed promotion supports the growth of US DJ & nightlife culture by encouraging dance-music fans to get involved and promote their favorite US-based DJs in a quest to crown the America's top jock. Previous ABDJ winners include New York club king Jonathan Peters (2006) and Miami trance master George Acosta (2007).
For the second consecutive year, Pioneer Pro DJ will serve as title sponsor for the tour, which will culminate with a closing ceremony in Las Vegas. By the end of its 40 events, the tour will have entertained over 100,000 dance music fans throughout the United States.
"Our involvement with America's Best DJ Tour extends our commitment to the art of DJing, and the experience it has on all it touches. As an industry leader, Pioneer's success is realized when talented individuals demonstrate their skills using Pioneer Pro DJ equipment - the most advanced players and mixers in the industry," said Matt Dever, vice president of Pioneer's Professional Sound and Visual Division.
Over the past two summers, participating fans chose from a panel of America's Top 100 DJs (nominated by the staff of DJ Times), casting votes both online at www.americasbestdj.net and in-person at 40 tour stops featuring showcased nominees at some of America's top club venues like Pacha (New York), Ruby Skye (San Francisco), Crobar (Chicago), Space (Miami), Krave (Las Vegas), and Vanguard (Los Angeles).
"We believe that America's Best DJ—the contest and the tour—will continue to bring visibility for DJ culture and strengthen its lasting foundation in the US," says DJ Times Editor, Jim Tremayne.
For the full list of 2008 America's Best DJ nominees and more information on the Pioneer Pro DJ presents America's Best DJ 2008 Summer Tour including tour cities dates and participating nominees, log on to www.americasbestdj.net. Voting for the 2008 contest begins May 1.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
April 23, 2008 at 1:56 PM CEST