New line-up additions have just been confirmed, and we're pleased to announce that City Reverb, Aura, System, and August will all be playing live, plus Chris Coco will be dropping a DJ set in addition to his City Reverb duties. They join Trentemoller, Pete Gooding, Lulu Rouge, Buda, and many more, for a full day of electronic goodness.
Set amongst stunning natural surroundings that include a lake, banks of tress and sprawling greens, Stella Polaris is for those who are looking for something special. Whether you come to get horizontal or dance beneath the trees, this event is a unique experience; there is no VIP area, no gates, and no queues, making Stella Polaris free from the organised chaos that now characterises the 21st century festival.
Many people bring their own picnics but a wide selection of food and drink is on sale via different stalls and bars across the site. Once you've picked your spot and laid out your blanket, the soundsystem and speakers dotted across the gardens ensure that you'll be fully immersed in the sounds that flow out across the park.
One for discerning Big Chill attendees, Stella Polaris (astonishingly) is free and runs from 12pm to 9pm. Tom Middleton and Groove Armada's Andy Cato have cited it as their favourite European festival experience, and Copenhagen native, Trentemoller, won't be found anywhere else come the first weekend of August.
2007 attracted 26,000 people - firm evidence that Stella Polaris no longer a best kept secret for the Danes alone. 2008 promises to be the best event yet. We'll see you on the green...
Flight times from the UK take under 2 hours and cost from £90 per person with carriers such as Easyjet, and BMI, hotels cost from around £90 per night for a double room.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 13, 2008 at 3:41 PM CEST