Despite Cream's recent troubles, 40,000 clubbers converged in Liverpool on Saturday for a successful Creamfields, and the return of Underworld to the stage.
Faithless played their last gig in the UK there before taking a two-year break - but they won't be going out quietly.
They'll return to London to work on a new album after playing Creamfields Dublin this weekend, where they're planning to finish with a bang as Sister Bliss and Maxi Jazz explained:
"A massive one - everybody from the studio's coming over. Rollo and his merry cohorts, and all our mates, and I'm having a mini Ibiza reunion in my hotel room, so forgive me if I'm a bit noisy.
"Just basically everybody who knows us is coming, and the rest of Ireland too," said Sister Bliss."
Maxi Jazz added:
"All your energy levels seem to buck up when you see the light at the end of the tunnel - and we most definitely can."
X-Press 2 not only played, but Rocky, Diesel and Ashley managed to keep it real with fans as well as hanging out with fellow stars:
"Went round the site a bit. Didn't go in any of the tents. But we went to the VIP bit which was great."
"It was a bit bourgeois of us, wasn't it? I walked amongst the people, spoke to a few, said 'hi', shook some hands, kissed some babies!"
"We saw a bit of Underworld for two minutes - that was good. Kosheen, a little bit of Seb."
"I caught a bit of Ricky Morrison earlier on - his foot came flying across and I caught it!"
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
August 28, 2002 at 4:20 AM CEST