The biggest music and cultural event in southeast Europe is just around the corner. Initiated by a student, State of EXIT Festival is an interdisciplinary happening, whose concept embraces the tradition of large open-air music festivals, but is enriched with a wide range of cultural happenings including a film festival, theatre festival and a number of art exhibitions.
In its 4th edition, State of Exit 04 will be taking place on Petrovaradin fortress, Novi Sad, in Serbia, on the first weekend of July, between 1st and 4th and will play host to 8 live performance arenas, 2 cinemas, a theatre, and an art exhibition. Since EXIT 2001 the festival has hosted approximately 175 live acts, 370 dj performances, 60 film screenings and 20 theatre productions which have been witnessed by approximately 600'000 people from Europe (Balkan states, Germany, France, Italy, Hungary, Denmark, Holland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, United Kingdom) and the rest of the world (Japan, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and USA). The line-up of the music festival includes some big names around, such as Roger Sanchez, Steve Lawler, Timo Maas, Massive Attack, Smokin Jo, Adam Freeland, Way Out West, Adam Beyer and others... So if you choose the Eastern Europe as the location for your summer holydays, you definitely don't want to miss this!
NB: More bands and dj's tbc
Thursday 1st July:
Roger Sanchez, Massive Attack, Smokin Jo, Freeland, Walley Lopez, Goldfrapp, Satoshie Tommie, Scissor Sisters (tbc)
Friday 2nd July:
Steve Lawler, Nenah Cherry, Way Out West (Live), Pako & Frederik (Live)
Saturday 3rd July:
Timo Maas, Xpress 2, Mutiny, DJ Hyper
Sunday 4th July:
Franscois K (tbc), Iggy Pop, Adam Beyer, Smith & Selway, Ken Ishi, Speedie J (Live)
Where: Petrovaradin fortress, Novi Sad, FR of Serbia and Montenegro.
When: First weekend in July.
Nearest airport: Belgrade
Distance from airport: 1 hour.
Total site capacity: 75'000 per day
Number of arenas: 8
Other: Theatre, 2 cinemas, Art Gallery, VIP, Press centre
Main stage capacity: 55'000
Main DJ Stage capacity: site 1) 17'000 site 2) 25'000
5* 1hr from site 20 mins from airport.
4* 1hr from site 20 mins from airport.
3* 20 mins from site 1 hr from airport
2* Temporary hotel Onsite for artists and crew.
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
May 3, 2004 at 10:25 PM CEST