A very good disc from Mixturi Recordings (this also being the label's debut) is produced by a duo which I have to admit that made a pretty good job out there, working on this 12"; they are Charles & Kling and their disc is called "Parallel Realities", containing two tracks with a solid and abstract sound, dark and energetic. The remix comes from Habersham, a guy who is known as a talented producer.
The original edit consists in a dark progressive with less melody, somber, with many abstract sounds and an elaborated percussion. The track is based on a deep bass line, entering after in a dubious breakdown where some effected vocals are appearing. A tough tune, with a powerful and simple rhythm, acute and keen, this version is indicated in a club session.
Soft and gentle, Habersham's remix curdles very well the breakbeat with tech-house, bringing some new melodic lines, but keeping the vocals from the original. Many electronic samples, bizarre and unique, make the track to shine both in the first part when a nice techy house is unleashed and the second part when a new sweet melodic line appears, which makes you dance and bounce. The track seems to be made from two different pieces with a perfect fade between them.
These are two tracks one of a kind, especially Habersham's edit which was featured on Luke Chable's Therapy Sessions cd, so it's a disc with good references though.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
April 24, 2005 at 10:51 PM CEST