After releases like "It Scares Me" on Bedrock Breaks, "Coded Love" on Intrinsic Records, or "Obsession" on Heavy Rotation, Christian Cambas doesn't need too much introduction. I will only say that he is hailing from Athens, Greece, and had the opportunity to play alongside djs such as John Digweed, Carl Cox, Nick Warren, Seb Fontainde and others. His new 12" for Swift Records, "Flight 403", brings also a remix from Paul Rogers, so enjoy!
The "Original mix" is a driving and melodic progressive, with a few strange synths and very suggestive, composing a somber and nice melody, profound and hypnotic. The rhythm unleashes from the beginning, taking as support an intense and bouncing bass line. The melodic line repeats along the entire length of the track, without stopping, in a continuous run.
If the original version is uplifting, aggressive and energetic, the remix of Paul Rogers brings a daring beat, composing a truly progressive tune. Sweet and melodic, the bass line superposed on a peaceful and deep melodic line, entering after that a tender and smooth melody on the background. And all these on a very colored beat, composing therefore a pouring and profound song.
G-Pal's Swift Records releases a very nice material, coming from a talented dj and producer who promises a lot for the future.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
February 13, 2005 at 1:53 PM CET