Techno lovers will quickly recognize Chris Cowie, a daring and talented techno music producer, who offers now a wonderful vinyl scheduled for release this month on F1 Recordings. His new "Stealth/LA Times" brings two tracks with a dement sound, violent and slanting and with a techno air of mature rhythm which imposes itself, elevating the listener's adrenaline and giving him true sensations and emotions.
The first track is called "Stealth", being composed from an accelerated rhythm, which flops around the song, bringing some other sounds too, in order to build a dens and complicated background. Typical for this musical genre, the melody is missing, being substituted with the vibration of those obscure and strange sounds, simple and suggestive. A pattern of techno grooves, a bass line, a few hi-hat arrangements and that's it! Let's go straight to the dance floor!
"LA Times" strikes back, bringing in focus another dement and unique rhythm, which just doesn't let you sit and look at the others dancing. This is techno music charm, always innovative, always accelerated, in a continuous run and density, with no breaks, no break downs, no melodic lines – just underground music!
You should keep this name in mind, because you can have big surprises coming from him – especially those techno frantic guys.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
January 10, 2005 at 8:55 AM CET