At the beginning of the '90's, Ralph Lawson was influenced by the parties in Leads or Sheffield, especially Nightmare on Wax, The Forge Masters and Warp discs. After getting to like mixing, he became a resident at Joy Club and after that at the famous Back to Basics. In 1994, Ralph Lawson, together with Carl Finlow, back then just a local producer, rented a ranch that would soon become 20:20 Vision record label.
I haven't heard for a long time such a clean and happy sound for a Fabric compilation. Lately we have listened all kinds of sounds, remix, re-edits, all dominated of a minimalist and simple air. We are now talking about a warm mix, containing mainly electro house, perfectly mixed and with a perfect music selection.
I won't enumerate all the tracks on this mix, but as you can imagine, most of them are released at 20:20 Vision, Ralph Lawson's record label. From Vernon we warm up with 2020 Soundsystem, a remix produced by Llorca. From electro, the mix goes to tech-house and techno with productions of Will Saul, John Tejada or Justus Köhncke.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
March 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM CET