Crucially Geiser's elevation has been facilitated by a sublime talent for flexibility and experimentation. And this new remix on Morris Audio presents yet another aspect of his diversity.
His reinterpretation of 'The Coming' jacks and skips along in a deep tech house format that has become the Morris Audio trademark over its 50 release history. But Deetron's attempt contains an added depth and a hint of early Chicago influence. The groove is unlike anything that we have heard from him before and is dangerously hypnotic until some familiar and frankly superb Motor City components punctuate the late break.
The original version, courtesy of another Swiss producer called Shaka, is a great house record with nice acidic touches. Shaka (real name Kurt Spichiger) has a rich musical background and it certainly shows on Morris Audio's latest release, and this display promises much for his forthcoming Corner Records. But nevertheless it cannot compete with the quality of a modern master at work on the flip.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
January 22 2007
February 5, 2007 at 8:19 AM CET