"The Real Sensation" is stuck somewhere between Jesse Rosse, Dave Brennan and My Oizo and reminds me of the James Zabiela of old. Cut up samples and a walloping baseline make for an interesting sound, grooving like a frantic mother trying to find a lost child. The high pitched synths sets this off well and the low-fi drum lime suits the overall sound.
"Fortune Hunter" creates a well throughout atmosphere with its usage of both break and 4&4 baselines, you'll have drum samples coming from every panned space available. Its sparingly usage of bass and a heavily delayed, almost industrial high line makes for a good warm track.
The aptly named "Jungle Krunch" is for you squish lovers out there and is the most minimal (in the modern sense) of the three. Its simple and repetitive, keeping it so low-fi you'd need a stethoscope to hear it. If that's your thing, this ones for you.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Mermaids In Space Denmark
January 15 2007
January 22, 2007 at 1:11 PM CET