The Original Mix greets us with a repetitive array of tribal percussion, satisfactorily accompanied by a filtered acid baseline. A mix of sounds that in so many previous productions may have failed, sit quite nicely gently maneuvering into what's sure to be a throbbing dance floor.
The Nick & Danny Chatelain remix takes the essence of the original mix and invert it. The drums provide what sounds to me like an arrangement of white noise. The baselines more gritty and resonates. A touch of stepped melody and a vocal give this an added edge.
The Island groove remix is the one for me, although I'm not totally sure why. It sits proudly between (genre alert) techno and house in a way that smells as fresh as recently washed linen sheets. This 'take' encapsulates the listener in an ensemble of well placed melody and driven beats that certainly made me smile.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
January 8 2007
January 22, 2007 at 1:06 PM CET