The Italians did it again. This time they did it big, with two track released on Renaissance, which is not such a simple thing at all. First track from the release is the rocking groovy tune called Stoned, already a hit for the club lovers. This track made a good impact upon the crowd, being already supported by some heavy names from the dance music scene. Electro, smooth and filled up with filtered vocals, this track follows a simple path of other productions made by these two Italian DJs and producers. With the vocals from Pink Floid's own song called "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun", this track is consistent in intense grooves, but an average melodic line; better to hear this tune on the dance floor.
As for the second tune, the track Relax starts simple and intensifies with each new synth added. The tech-house groove featured here takes the listener from the dance floor and pushes him into a dreamier atmosphere, still maintaining a fresh vibe through the heavy kicks and snares. The melody is simple and continues and plays an important role into the track's structure.
Be prepared to listen to these two fresh tracks, because you'll definitely hear more often about Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
RENAISSANCE DIGITAL 002
January 22 2007
January 17, 2007 at 6:05 PM CET