Minimalistic music fans will be pleased by this 12-inch, all the tracks being minimal to their very core, and bringing new and interesting sounds to our attention. Get Pony is a vocal piece, which has a certain flow, and it will surely sound great in a minimal-like warm-up mix. The samples used aren't something to die for, so this one is surely just for the fans. i noticed though the drums, which a certain tribal feel hidden deep under the minimal sound.
Reducing the sound even more, this second tune has also a haunting male voice over the dripping drums that practically create and sustain the whole track. It's a bit too static, but I'm sure minimal DJs will find it interesting, but mostly for radio mixes. It lacks power and rhythm unfortunately.
My personal choice off this disc, this one brings in a sound to dance to, very techy, very rhythmatic. It reminds me of Criss Source's Hugs'N'Kisses, but reduced and darkened. Nice samples on the background, all very different, from electrified synths to hi-hats and distorted vocals, it's all here. This one really saves the appearance, and manages to bring flow to an already much-saturated market of minimal releases.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Get Physical Music
September 27 2006
October 17, 2006 at 9:13 AM CEST