The tracks also feature the classic sample from 'The Realm' ("Something for Your Mind"), in order to a better audio shape. The Main mix of this EP is driving and filled up with lot of percussion elements, including snares, hi-hats and a powerful kick. It should go on an electro side with big influences from the underground techno. The rhythm is built up by some deep bass lines and a few low frequency riffs, but it's the vocal which turns the dark grooves into a more energetic piece of a track. Long, continuous and cut by some short breakdowns, the track can burn the dance floor if its played at the right moment.
As for the Tool Mix, the things are easier here. Only a tech - house bass line with some cool snares and abstract synths. It is more a minimal track than a techno one, but it's pretty obvious that the rhythm is not completed; this tune should work fine in the warm up set, as is deep and abstract.
The radio edit will also have a video, so you definitely should check this out. The classic vocals represent a major function in this EP, since they attract the audience and offer a strange feeling of euphoria.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
October 25 2006
October 12, 2006 at 9:22 AM CEST