One AM is a shacking electro groove, with a rhythm pattern that you almost can't resist. It works just great in a club session and makes everybody dance if it is played at the right moment. Hard, massive and uplifting, this tune makes the public feel some good vibes, and it's also a good track for home.
Two AM is deeper and softer. It's not a main track, it works better at the warm up set or in the after hours. The track builds up a great deep house rhythm with an excellent bass line and some gentle riffs and samples.
The third production is Want 2 Ride and consists of an electro house completed by some energetic grooves. It has rhythm, it has kicks and it has power. A little bit bold and monotone, the track has an excellent rhythm, but is less consistent in other melodic elements. I would apply for the previous tune.
Sequential is an offshoot of Innovate Recordings, a label where Matt Samuels will release also some exciting fresh tunes. The growing wave of interest ultimately led Matt having his tracks signed to strong independent labels; the likes of Plastic Fantastic, Apache/Nascent, Hype, One Shot and Captured Music all picked up on Matt's production ability at an early stage.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
September 23, 2006 at 3:59 PM CEST